The seam just doesn’t seem to be functional.
A decade ago I decided to buy lots of plants.
|I don’t know what this is…|
I’d always had a couple of plants, but they’d always die on me. Since I’m basically enthusiasm-driven, I realized that the only way I’d ever be able to have any non-dead plants on my windows was to buy lots and lots of them, and force myself to pay attention. If something falls below my enthusiasm radar, it just doesn’t get done at all.
So I got like a hundred plants or something. When I get enthusiastic, I get… obsessed.
|This has to be a crassula|
|This can’t be anything but a bromeliad|
|Citrus. Of some kind.|
|This is definitely an aloe|
|That’s a myrta|
|Uhm… schiffer? Schifferia?|
|What are these called? Haworthia? Or something?|
|This is probably something|
I’ve cut back a bit since then, and plants still die. I travel quite a bit, and any plants that don’t survive without water for a week or two suffer. So I have to replenish the windows sills once in a while.
These are my new recruits.
I wrapped up my rose bushes for the winter, but I didn’t really expect them to survive. And I just unwrapped them now.
But look! New leaves!
According to experts, apparently long hair can get trapped in pipes leading to a less than optimal drainage situation.
The solution here, according to the same experts, is to pour a liquid called “Mudin” down the drains twice a year. Or, as the experts said, “or, for you, every three months”.
I’m just reporting what the experts said. I take no responsibility for any negative effect this advice may or not may have for you.
They left me a bottle.
One feature that I’ve been missing from mplayer for years and years is the ability to remember how far you’ve watched a movie. Like, if I’ve been watching a movie, but then I stop the movie because I want to watch a TV show, then mplayer doesn’t helpfully remember where you left off.
So I’ve added a totally trivial fix to mplayer that just records all the shows you’ve watched (and how far into the file you’ve watched them) to the ~/.mplayer.positions file.
This will save me several seconds per week, I bet.
The changes are probably not that useful as is, but if somebody wants to take this idea an add it to mplayer proper, then … that would be nice. Perhaps.