Even though the screen printing is going swimmingly, I thought it might be fun to try a transfer thingie again. But this time in A3 instead of A4.
I googled a bit, and a store strangely called yolö seemed like a likely supplier. So I got a 25-pack of transfers, and printed out an image.
These work pretty much like the ones I tried earlier. You print out into a plastic substrate that you then separate from the paper backing, and then you melt the plastics onto the fabric.
Peeling these are easier said than done. No matter how I tried to separate the plastics from the paper with my nails, I only managed to tear the paper.
Finally I got out an X-Acto knife and managed to wedge it between the plastic and the paper. And then it was easy to tear it off and iron it onto the shirt.
It’s survived a washing, too, so it seems pretty swell. But they really should have used higher-quality backing paper to make it easier to handle.
For a transfer.