I’ve been having serious problems getting the emulsion to expose properly the last couple of days. I’ve had four screens ruined — peeling and stuff. I tried varying the drying period, the exposure length, and the heat of the water I use to wash the emulsion off with.
Then I remembered the emulsion can saying something about not lasting forever.
Sure enough, after mixing, it’s supposed to work for four weeks at room temperature. And this blow shows that I started making shirts on June 6th, which is more like six weeks ago.
Time to mix up a new batch. And stick it into the fridge.
I did manage to make a last couple of screens from that can, though, but washing the unexposed bits off was a chore. But it turned out pretty nice:
And I got a hot air gun to do the curing with. I’m not quite sure how long to cure, but I gave it a couple of minutes on 300C, and it certainly feels dry. I hope I’ve not over-cured it — that can apparently make the print brittle.